If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Organic tea is popular with some tea drinkers because of its health and environmental benefits. Friendship Organics is among the brands that offer clear-conscience tea products. With that, we’re giving a review of Friendship Organics, including how it produces a wide selection of teas while ensuring fair trade and sustainability.
is among the brands that offer clear-conscience tea products. With that, we’re giving a review of Friendship Organics, including how it produces a wide selection of teas while ensuring fair trade and sustainability.
Review of Friendship Organics
Friendship Organics is one of the best tea brands that commit to fair-trade tea cultivation practices. It takes care of the environment while providing varieties of herbal, black, and decaf black teas. You can be sure that the tea leaves don’t have a trace of chemical or synthetic fertilizers.
Searching for the most delicious teas is a delight for tea lovers. This is why we’re sharing the reasons why Friendship Organics can become your next favorite tea brand.
Friendship Organics Brand Philosophy
One of the most admirable things about Friendship Organics is that it doesn’t use artificial flavorings or preservatives. From traditional black teas like Earl Grey or unique herbal teas such as Hibiscus or Ginger Cinnamon, you can truly taste the ingredients and reap the health benefits.
Despite technological advances, Friendship Organics experiments with new blends by sourcing ingredients from all over the world then allocates time and resources for organic farming.
Think of it this way; you’re joining the mission to support the earth for future generations to taste flavorful teas!
Fair Trade Tea Farming
Choosing fair trade tea products means you’re making the safest and most ethical choice for yourself, for others, and the environment.
- Friendship Organics pays its workers a fair wage, equal to or higher than the regional average.
- A fair trade policy ensures safe and satisfactory working conditions for the staff, especially the farmers who manage the planting, cultivation, and harvesting.
- What’s also great about Friendship Organics is that a portion of your purchase goes towards social programs to improve workers’ lives.
- No child labor to prevent exploitation and abuse of children.
- Farms follow environmental standards and develop conservation initiatives. In effect, producers receive funding for sustainable planning and get involved in decision-making.
Packaging plays a role in marketing tea products. However, plastic waste escapes into the oceans. Another commendable aspect about Friendship Organics is that the brand commits to conscious packaging using reusable tins, plant-based cellophane, and resealable pouches.
Steel is among the most recycled materials, especially since you can keep the loose tea leaves in the provided tin can after you open it.
Certified Organic Tea Leaves
Another benefit of fair trade and sustaining tea farming is that you can satisfy your tea needs using organic products. As earth inhabitants, we have the responsibility to take care of our natural resources and biodiversity.
As the name says, Friendship Organics practices organic tea farming to provide a healthier option for the earth and tea lovers. Unlike other tea brands, Friendship Organics doesn’t use genetically modified organisms. Instead, it only incorporates organic leaves and herbs cultivated to maturity before harvesting.
Decaf Earl Grey Tea Review
The Decaf Earl Grey tea from Friendship Organics passes our standards for what makes the best Earl Grey teas. Additionally, this brand and decaf earl grey selection It lets you enjoy every sip without feeling guilty over plastic packaging and putting chemicals inside the body.
Besides, decaffeinated means getting all the natural flavor, colors, and aroma without most of the caffeine. Instead of exposing the bergamot to high heat and chemicals, Friendship Organics uses cold-pressed bergamot oil to retain the herb’s anti-inflammatory properties.
Each tin contains 20 sachet filter papers that use abaca fiber instead of plastic, allowing the tea leaves to stay fresh and flavorful. Additionally, there are no tags or strings.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO certified.
- Classic Earl Grey can be too intense for some people, yet this decaf version is perfect for those looking for a subtler black tea with bergamot oil.
- The decaffeination process may destroy some antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Decaf isn’t completely caffeine-free, so you still have to be cautious about your tea consumption.
Friendship Organics Product Selection
Aside from the Decaf Earl Grey Tea, these tea varieties from Friendship Organics are worth trying, whether you want a new blend or this is your first time.
If you prefer a more full-bodied flavor, these black tea variations from Friendship Organics will give you energizing properties.
- Organic Blueberry: This is ideal if you enjoy a tangy taste of sweet, flavorful brew with a homey fragrance.
- Chai Spice: Friendship Organics uses hundred-year-old and family recipes to blend specialty teas. Among them is Chai Spice, which brings out an amalgamation of black tea, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon in every brew.
- Organic Earl Grey: If you’re wondering which one to drink between Earl Grey vs Lady Grey, this classic blend follows the traditional recipe of black tea and organic bergamot oil from Italy, giving you a zesty yet malty flavor.
Decaf Black Teas
Decaffeinated black teas from Friendship Organics remove 97% to 98% of the caffeine. You won’t taste bitterness even when you steep these teas long.
- Organic Blueberry Decaf: This blend of decaffeinated black tea gives the smoothest taste of blueberry with a homey, sweet fragrance.
- Raspberry Decaf: This combines organic hibiscus flowers, natural raspberry flavor, and decaffeinated black tea for a refreshing twist.
- Decaf Chai: The Decaf Chai is an excellent option if you only want to taste the spices of chai and control your caffeine intake.
The herbal teas are among the most notable blends from Friendship Organics because these contain organic herbs, spices, and plant materials that provide calming properties and immune-boosting benefits.
- Cinnamon ginger: The combination of smoothness and spice provides a soothing and invigorating touch, whether you’re drinking it iced or sweetened.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus herbal tea is a great choice if you love a tart, cranberry-like flavor. As you steep the hibiscus flower, the extract provides antioxidants to help fight bacteria.
- Rooibos Chai: This traditional blend of rooibos, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, and ginger lets your taste buds experience the flavors of South Africa and India.
- Vanilla Rooibos: Like Rooibos Chai, the Vanilla Rooibos is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that provide anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Vanilla Spice: Organic and aromatic, you can opt for Vanilla Spice to balance sweetness and spices using vanilla and cinnamon.
Friendship Organics provides a wide selection of tea and blends while following fair trade and sustainable tea farming practices. For every cup of Earl Grey or herbal tea you drink, you can take care of your health while minimizing negative consequences to the environment, such as pollution.
Scott is the founder of TeaMinded. He enjoys tasting and discovering teas from across the globe, with green teas and ceremonial matcha from Japan being among his favorites. He’s grateful to be immersed in the tea community, always learning and sharing along the journey.